Supporting a Great Cause

Good morning, everyone. I hope you all are doing great for it being a Monday morning.

This past week has been a whirlwind for me. It is getting closer and closer to my fundraisers and still in the process of getting things together for these events. They both are in two weeks. I will be having both on the same day. That's just how things fell into place. These fundraisers will be on Sunday, May 18. The first one (a spaghetti luncheon) will be from 12:00 until 2:00 pm while the second one (a fundraiser benefit) will be from 4:00 pm until 7:00 pm.

The first fundraiser will be at First United Methodist Church in Dallas, NC. This is the church that I have worked for for six years as of the 12th of May. I have been blessed to have such a great church as a work place. The congregation and the pastor have been so great, and I hope to be here as long as the last secretary - 32 years. The meal that they have planned consists of spaghetti, salad, dessert, tea, and coffee. This sounds good, doesn't it? Come out and support a great cause--a kidney transplant for me. The plates are $6.50 for adults and $5.00 for children 10 and under.

My other fundraiser will be at Myrtle United Methodist Church in Gastonia, NC. This is my home church. I grew up here and then came back in 2003. Since then, I have been a very faithful follower of my precious Lord. I have been blessed to be a member of such a dedicated church. We are small and few but otherwise, our hearts overflow with love. At this fundraiser, we will be having a silent auction, a raffle, a bake sale, and some singing by The Journeymen and David DeGroff. This event will be from 4:00 pm until 7:00 pm. Come and join in on some good ole fashion fun and help raise money for a real good cause. There will appetizers and drinks throughout the evening.

If you would like to donate something to the silent auction or the raffle, please let me know as soon as possible. Remember, these items are tax-deductible and they will be raising money for a good cause ---- a kidney transplant for me in the future.

If you can't help me, try to help another good cause.

Hope everyone has a great week. I intend on having a great week.

Ciao for now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Letter to My Lord / Friends & Family

A Few Good Nits & Picks

The Results Are...