My Talk with a Couple of Strangers

Good evening, everyone. I hope you have had a great day so far.
It has been a very interesting day for me so far. Let me tell you about it.

This morning, I decided at the last moment to get the van inspected instead of going out this afternoon after dialysis. I guess it was what you would call a little bit of God intervening.

At first, I had a notion to go to Pep Boys, but at the last minute, I changed my mind and went to a different place. It was here that I met a very nice young man by the name of Patrick. This young man was listening to some music on his phone and I made a comment about it. We got to talking and ended up talking about so many different things that we didn't realize how long we had talked until I had to leave. And this was for over an hour and a half!

Patrick was such a great guy to talk to. The funny thing, though, is that I have a feeling this meeting was for Patrick and the woman that came in not long before I left. I found out that these two people had the same feelings about death. When I heard about this, I couldn't believe my ears. These two random people who I just met said that they were ready to go. And yes, you know what that means. I explained to them that we are here to help others by telling them about God and teaching His word. This is part of why we are here. Patrick said that maybe that was why I was there.

As I was checking out, I just happened to catch a glimpse of the woman's name and the odd thing is that her name was the same as my middle name...Charlene. How odd is that? Odd, but cool. Of course, I like to find out odd things like that.  It makes me feel good knowing quirky little tidbits of knowledge.

Last but not least, as I grabbed my stuff to leave, he asked me if he could hug me. I told him "yes", and we hugged. It was a very dear moment that I will cherish for a long time. It made me feel good.

Here's what I would like for my followers to take from this.
Please take the time to meet new people. And every once in a while, ask someone if they need a hug or a shoulder to lean on.

Ciao for now.
Crystal


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Letter to My Lord / Friends & Family

What Path Has God Led You?

A Few Good Nits & Picks