What Gets Me....

Good morning, everyone.

Hope you all are having a great weekend so far. I know I am.

Right now, I am hoping that the dialysis center will call me to ask if I would like to come in early today. This is the norm for me on Saturdays. Now, last week, they called me in because they knew that I wanted to spend as much time with my daughter as possible. She was home from NC STATE, and luckily, we were able to have Easter on Saturday since she had to leave on Sunday to head back.

What gets me, though, is that most of the dialysis patients try to get off of their dialysis procedures earlier than what they are scheduled for. For each 15 minutes that a patient gets off, that takes off a year of their lives. So, let's say that someone gets off 30 minutes early. That will be taking off two (2) years of their lives. It doesn't take long to add up. And this is why I am persistent about staying on my machine for the duration. Of course, it doesn't hurt that I enjoy my time at the center. The nurses and assistants are so nice and so patient with all of the patients.

So, if you have a family member or a friend that is on dialysis, please make sure that they stay on their treatments for the duration. Time is of the essence. Hey, you are not going to see me get off anytime. I want to live to be 100, if possible. (This would be without the aid of machines.)

Well, as usual, I hope you have a wonderful weekend and may God bless you all.

Ciao for now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Letter to My Lord / Friends & Family

A Few Good Nits & Picks

Oh Boy, The Dentist!