Caregivers Need Caregiving, Too

Good evening, everyone. I hope that you have had a great weekend. With my weekend being pretty decent, the whole week has been busy as a bee.

It has been a crazy month, though. I have been doing my dialysis, working every day, taking everyone to doctors, taking other family members to grocery store(s), and doing everything else at home. With everything going on with my husband (he has to have cataract surgery and has pre-parkinson's), I can't help but feel like I need some extra shoulders to lean on.

I hope you all know that I try my best to be strong when I am around others. But when I am by myself, I tend to feel like I need someone else to be there and be strong for me. If I am not mistaken, we all have tendencies to be this way.

But when someone is ill and still has to be a caregiver to others, it can take a toll on that person. You see, I am a caregiver to my oldest daughter and to my husband. I have been for a while now. But when I received that one phone call several weeks ago, I just wanted to know that everything would be okay when I get me a kidney.

All I can surmise is that if you know someone who is a caregiver, please give them a break from their daily routine. We all need a break from something as demanding as caregiving. And as I close, I would like to ask all of you to keep me in your prayers as much as possible.

Love to you all and God bless you.

Xiao


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Letter to My Lord / Friends & Family

A Few Good Nits & Picks

Oh Boy, The Dentist!