From the Heart

Until two minutes ago, I didn't know what I was going to write about today. I have been trying to get things done so I will be free for tomorrow's trip to NCSU with my daughter, Jessica. A long 3-hour trip going, and a long 3-hour trip coming back.

The pastor that I work for is a very good man. He not only works around my crazy doctor's appointments, but he gives from the heart, too. Take this for instance. We have been trying to get the bulletin done a day early so I wouldn't have to come in on Saturday to get it done. I have been working hard, but the information didn't come in until about thirty minutes ago. He came in and perused over the bulletin. Luckily, he didn't find anything that needed to be changed. As he was leaving, he told me to have a safe trip. And then he did something that I didn't expect. He turned around and gave me a little bit of money to help with my trip. The man really gave from the heart.

What do we give from the heart? I try to give help whenever possible. That's one of the things that I can say that I will do. But lately, though, money has been a hard commodity for me to keep. Bills keep piling up; medicines are not cheap; gas for the vehicle; and doctor appointments, too. All in all, if you are able to give something from the heart, please do it. You will not believe what that will mean to the person that you are investing in. Thank you and God bless you.
Ciao for now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Letter to My Lord / Friends & Family

A Few Good Nits & Picks

Oh Boy, The Dentist!