In Need of Prayer for One's Self

Today, I feel like I need a friend or someone to talk to. Don't get me wrong. I have "friends". But, do you ever just want that someone to kind of know that you need a shoulder to lean on without having to tell them? This is just one of those many days that I have felt this way lately.

My daughter, Jessica, will be leaving home on Friday, August 16 for NCSU. Don't get me wrong on this. I am so proud of her for going to college. And it wouldn't have happened without my parents' help. I am so indebted to them for this help. But, as a mother, I am going to start crying once I say that last "goodbye" for the day (probably before I can even get the words out!). This will be a good cry, though.

And on a very serious note, I have not had a relationship that you could call a relationship in a very long time. This is part of my on-going problem. When you are the one trying to put forth ALL effort, it takes away from that emotional balance of a love that should be acknowledged. My point on this: Love. What is this and where do I get some of it? I think that I need some!

All in all, it feels good when you can just say "I know" and literally mean it to others. Every once in a while, I might be able to handle things on my own. But my friends have their own families and don't put forth an effort to check up on their friends because of their own life. At times like this, I really need someone who has that shoulder that I could lean on. I don't see them all that often. I go to church every week. I have friends there. But, it just isn't the same as that BFF that I had in high school. And trust me on this when I say that that was a long time ago.

To each person who reads this, I pray for you and hope you have that special something with your other half. Everyone deserves this happiness.
For now, Ciao.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Letter to My Lord / Friends & Family

A Few Good Nits & Picks

Oh Boy, The Dentist!