Prayer For Others...

Good morning, everyone. 
I hope everyone has had a great weekend. My weekend was full; but I was fulfilled in many different ways in just a span of three days. This past week, though, the United Methodist Women's group at my church met on Tuesday evening. It was on Wednesday that I found out that I would be having to go on dialysis for my kidney disease. 

What people that I came into contact with on that day didn't realize was that I was battling some deep-seeded emotions about everything going on in my life. I found myself wanting to cry over things that I really didn't need to cry about. But at the same time, I have been finding the time to read on a book about praying for strangers. I received this book at our UMW meeting; I immediately started on it that night. I have yet to finish this book, but it made me realize something...I am not the only person that needs prayer in their lives. Just put it this way. Why do we meet the people that we meet throughout each day? Maybe it's due to the fact that they need our prayers!

This book is making me think twice about how we respond to others when they are in our sight. My kids laugh at me when I am at the store and start talking to strangers. But with the insights of this book, I know now that maybe I am in their sight to give them something to think about or talk about. Hey, we are all human. Communication is key here. 

So, my final thought is this. No matter where you are in life, and no matter who it is, give these people that cross your path a nod, a bless you, or just an acknowledgement of a smile. They may need it. And just maybe, ask their name and tell them that you will pray for them. 
Hey, I'm gonna try it. 
Ciao for now.
  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Letter to My Lord / Friends & Family

A Few Good Nits & Picks

Oh Boy, The Dentist!