The Word "Love"

Good evening, everyone. I hope you all are doing well tonight.

The one thing that I have felt the need to discuss tonight is one that we all can relate to. We all want it, and at one point or another, we eventually get it...

Love. The word "love" is defined in the dictionary as:
  • a profoundly tender, passionate affection for another person.
  • a feeling of warm personal attachment or deep affection, as for a parent, child, or friend.
  • sexual passion or desire.
  • a person toward whom love is felt; beloved person; sweetheart.
  • (used in direct address as a term of endearment, affection, or the like): Would you like to see a movie, love?
But, how can we say that we use the word wisely and yet not too loosely at the same time? We tell each other "I Love You", but do we really feel it when we say it? I know for a fact that when I say it, I really do mean it. Can you say the same for yourself, though?

Have you ever been told that you need to tell a specific someone that you love them? That this person needs to hear you tell them how much you love them? Well, I will go ahead and tell you that there has to be a showing of feelings in order for someone to use these words. I can't help it, but in order for someone to receive the words "I Love You" from me, they need to know that when I say them, I want to show them, too. 

The point that I am making, though, is that you shouldn't have to tell someone that you love them unless you really mean it. Just because someone says this to you, you shouldn't have to act on these words. Be honest and really mean the words. 

Love is a four-letter word that should be weighed carefully before saying.

Ciao for you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Letter to My Lord / Friends & Family

A Few Good Nits & Picks

Oh Boy, The Dentist!