A Day to Remember

Today has been a day to remember for me.

(Of course, what I mean and what I say should be the same. But sometimes my words get mixed up more so than my written words.  And I dare not say that my words are the final say. And trust me when I say that there is not a truer sentence to be said about me than this.)  I am saying all of this beforehand in case any of my words get mixed up anytime that I blog. My children and my family tell me that this tends to happen a lot. So please consider these words when you read any of my blogs. 

I will explain the first words of this first blog now. The day that I had was a happy day. First off, as my younger daughter and I were checking out at WalMart this morning, someone made me feel like a person with new hope. This person made me feel younger than I turned this past Friday. (I turned 46 this past Friday.) He told me that I didn't look my age. Now, people may say that I am naive. But, I just want to say that I am not being naive, I just like to have faith and hope and be positive about everything. This is one of the main reasons that I say that this has been a day to remember.

Another reason that I say this is a day to remember is that my daughter has left to go back to college (NC STATE) once again.  I have come to realize that my daughter is growing up and beginning a new life away from home. This has been a hard step for me to adhere to. If you are a mother, then you know what I am talking about. A mother cannot just completely let go of her children, no matter how old they are.  Our children will make mistakes; Mistakes that will make them better people. Mistakes that will teach them good from bad. Mistakes that will just be that....mistakes.

So, all in all, this has been a beautiful day.

Ciao for now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Letter to My Lord / Friends & Family

A Few Good Nits & Picks

Oh Boy, The Dentist!