WORDS

Good afternoon, everyone. I hope everyone is doing okay today. As for me, it has been a boggling weekend.

I will start off by saying that my dialysis treatments are going well, and the nurses are so nice and enjoyable to be around (especially since these treatments are going on for four hours). I can be my fun-loving self or I can be just a quiet version of myself. All in all, no one is there to tell me that I cannot laugh or cry.

This last statement that I just wrote can tell you lots about me as a person. But the funny thing is that the words that I use in my blog or at dialysis are my own and no one else's. Take for instance that I am able to tell some of my deepest and darkest secrets to these beautiful people at the Fresenius Dialysis Treatment Place in Gastonia and they just look at me and understand or either laugh with me. I say this because there are times when I am with family and can't even tell them these same thoughts. And if I were to, they wonder why I say such things.

Words have a way of making people think twice about what comes out of someone's mouth. Here is an example of what I mean. If I were to tell you that I wanted to move out of state, most people would wonder why in the heck I would say that. Even my church family would be the same way. But if I were to say that to my dialysis nurses, they would ask me about why I would say that. More than likely, the nurses have a heart and want to know why I would feel that way.

I bet most people would also think that when it comes to finding the right words to say to someone who might be feeling lonely, they wouldn't have an inkling of what to say or do. Well, to tell you the truth, I would. Because, guess what! I do have an inkling of how this feeling is. Someone can be around others and still feel lonely, depressed, or just need a hug or love.

So, my point is this. Words are always comforting to others. Just be careful with your words. And pay attention to those around you. They just may need words of comfort, a hug, someone to lean on, or just a shoulder to lay their head upon.

Ciao for now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Letter to My Lord / Friends & Family

A Few Good Nits & Picks

Oh Boy, The Dentist!