Faith

Good afternoon, everyone.

Hope things are going well with all of you. Right now, I am watching the first of four NFL playoff games this weekend. The New Orlean Saints are up against the Seattle Seahawks first. This is a very important game for my team, the CAROLINA PANTHERS. Who do you want to win? As you can tell, you know who I am rooting for. I also believe that the PANTHERS will be heading towards the SUPER BOWL in three weeks. Good luck to you and your teams.

As usual, I did not have anything to talk about when I started a few minutes ago. But now that I have been going on about the PANTHERS, I can safely say that I am going to talk about my faith. Does everyone know what it means when you hear the saying "gotta have faith"?

My faith goes back a long ways. My faith in God has grown so much in the last 14 years. When my faith was truly tested for the first time that I can remember, I was having to take care of myself and my daughter, Ashleigh, after she was diagnosed with Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis. She would hurt so bad that I would have to carry her a lot of times to doctors and such.

But faith in general is something that doesn't come to you one day and you just have it. Faith is something that you have to work towards and eventually it becomes a part of who you are. My faith in God has remained solid for the last several years due to more than just my kidney disease.

Here is what the dictionary says for faith:

noun
1. confidence or trust in a person or thing: faith in another's ability.
2. belief that is not based on proof: He had faith that the hypothesis would be substantiated by fact.
3. belief in God or in the doctrines or teachings of religion: the firm faith of the Pilgrims.
4. belief in anything, as a code of ethics, standards of merit, etc.: to be of the same faith with someone concerning honesty.
5. a system of religious belief: the Christian faith; the Jewish faith.
Therefore, faith in God means that you truly believe in God. This is my take on it. What is your take on faith in general? Don't be afraid to tell me your thoughts. I am open to everyone's opinions.  And as always, have a very good weekend, and good luck on your football team making it to the super bowl this year. Go PANTHERS!
Ciao for now. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Letter to My Lord / Friends & Family

A Few Good Nits & Picks

The Results Are...