Happy New Year and Get Involved!

Good afternoon, everyone!
Hope you are having a great New Year's Day so far. I know that I am.
I have already spent some quality time with my oldest daughter. We played a few rounds of a card game as I was cooking for our lunch this afternoon.

Who knows what the food in the southern meal for New Year's Day stands for?
I know what the greens and the black eyed peas stand for. But I can't remember the others: hog jawls, cornbread, etc.. The greens stand for the dollars that you will have throughout the year, and the black-eyed peas account for the change that you will keep throughout the year.

But all in all, don't be afraid to get involved in something outside of your comfort zone. I am going to get more involved with missions around my church and I hope to get even closer to God this year.

Ciao for now.

Popular posts from this blog

What Path Has God Led You?

One Of My "Down" Days

The Letter to My Lord / Friends & Family