The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly

Good evening, everyone.

I hope everyone has been keeping warm tonight. With the cold weather here in Lowell, North Carolina, I have been trying my best to stay warm and being happy at the same time. You want to know why I say that? Okay, I will tell you.

THE GOOD: This morning, I woke up and did some stretching for about 10 minutes before getting out of bed. Yeah, I did my stretching on my bed. Hope you learn to try this. Actually, I felt really good after this stretching session. All in all, my day at work was a busy one. Bulletins, newsletter prep, year-ending tax papers, and numerous phone calls today kept me busier than usual. But all in all, my work day was great.

THE BAD: This afternoon, I was expecting to go out to eat with my oldest daughter and her father. The usual happened. You really want to know what that could be? Okay, I will tell you. He laid down for a nap earlier in the day (he works nights) and wouldn't get back up to go out with Ashleigh and me. This is his way 95% of the time. He will say that he will do something and then he will end up backing out for some reason or another.

THE GOOD: And then to top things off, my youngest daughter called me from NC State to tell me that she was going for an interview for her first job. She called around 9:00 tonight and let me know that the interview went well. By the way her interviewer talked, she is almost certain that she has a job. He will let her know after he gets an approval code. So, she will find out next week.

THE BAD & THE UGLY: Here's the kicker that made me feel bad and ugly, though. I started tearing up since I realized that Jessica, the youngest, has taken a big step in her life by going out and getting a job, and starting a workout schedule with new friends. This is something that a mother would cry about. Of course, I did. Well, Ashleigh heard me say these words and she got mad at me. So, here I am feeling bad about what I said because Ashleigh doesn't think that I consider her sewing as a job.

Every time I bring up the subject of a "job", she gets mad because I keep insisting that she needs a part-time job to help her money-wise. How can I tell my child that I do believe in her talent, but that she still needs a job to help her get by?  Of course, I have told her this plenty of times.

With this said, I guess a mother's work is never done.

Ciao for now.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Letter to My Lord / Friends & Family

A Few Good Nits & Picks

The Results Are...