Have A Shoulder? Let Someone Borrow It!

Good evening, everyone.

I hope everyone has had a great week so far. Unbelievably, I have had a really good week. Dialysis is going as good as it can considering that I go three days a week.The doctor came through today and talked to us about labs and such. They are very optimistic about my labs. He just had a question about my vein being thin for the blood to flow through. They will be looking at the results from my labs in the next couple of days to see why my numbers are lower than usual. He said that it could be just a mistake on their part, or that it could be that I may have to get a test done about the flow rate. I am hoping for the best, though.

At first, I didn't know what I was going to talk about tonight. But as I wrote that first paragraph, I did realize that there is something on my mind.

As I was growing up, I always had some of the lowest self-esteem possible. And if you know me now, you wouldn't believe it if I were to tell you that now. I can't say when exactly it was that I grew more confident and had more self-esteem than I knew was possible. Well, maybe I can. It had to be when I made a life decision to go back to church, have God in my life completely, and went back to school.

Now all of this didn't happen over night, though. I gradually got into going to church on Sundays. I met some wonderful people who took me under their wings and gave me shoulders to lean on. As I started going back, I wanted more. I put myself through college with grants and loved the people I met there, too. (Of course, it doesn't hurt that I am a people person.) After my graduation in 2007, I had to find me a job. I found the perfect job in May of 2008. and have been there since then. I was put under the guidance of a wonderful boss. IT just so happens to be that I work for a church in Dallas, NC. The job has been such a wonderful way to help become a better leader for others. I would not know what to do without these wonderful people at this church. They have worked with me so much and I can't say how much I owe them.

All in all, though, if you know someone who has low self-esteem, please lend a shoulder. A shoulder can be a remarkable way to help someone with their self-esteem. Believe me when I say that it helped me tremendously.

Have a blessed day and be someone else's shoulder to lean on.

Ciao for now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Letter to My Lord / Friends & Family

A Few Good Nits & Picks

The Results Are...